- Wrapping paper or gift bags? I do wrapping paper, I love wrapping gifts even though I can't do any of that fancy stuff. As for gift bags I rarely do that.
- Real Tree or artificial? Growing up we always had a real tree-that was until high school. Anyway I really liked it and have been using an artificial tree. I love how you can adjust the branches especially for some of the heavier ornaments.
- When do you put up the tree? Usually right after Thanksgiving but not this year it was right before-I know crazy.
- When do you take it down? Pretty much after New Years Day.
- Do you like eggnog? Yuck! Not a big fan.
- Favorite gift received as a child? Probably when I got my barbie townhouse; I loved that house.
- Do you have a Nativity scene? Can you believe that I don't have one, and I love Nativity scenes. I think after Christmas I'm going to try and find one I really like.
- Who is the hardest person to buy for? I think my mom, she says she likes anything we get her because it's the thought but you know how that goes. She never complains but I always wonder if she really likes what we get her.
- Easiest person to buy for? David hands down; it's always the same DVD's or CD's. He gives me a list of the ones he wants and then I go and pick them out.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? It was from my step-grandmother; it was cheapest Avon make-up you could buy. It was a palette and the colors were what a clown would wear-seriously-orange, pink, oh man just thinking about it makes me cringe. I remember taking one look and then looking at my dad and step-mom and trying to be nice about it.
- Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, but I haven't sent any out this year.
- Favorite Christmas movie? Ok this is hard because I have a few, I love the claymation of Rudolf-classic, and my other faves are Christmas Vacation and Elf.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start around the first of November.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? No.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Any kind of sweet-cookies, cakes, pies-I looooove desserts.
- Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
- Favorite Christmas song? Jingle Bell Rock
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel-you have to visit your family.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes-Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Doner, Blitzen, and Rudolph.
- Angel or Star on top of the tree? Neither it's Santa
- Open the presents Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Always Christmas morning that's what makes it so much fun.
- Most annoying thing about this time of year? Probably the people who are out Christmas shopping and they are all like jerks.
- What is the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing? You know I don't think anything we ever did was corny but I miss my dad coming telling my sister and I that we had to hurry up and get to sleep because Santa was really close. You know "He's in Louisiana and his next stop is Texas so you better get to sleep."
- What is the worst thing you've seen related to Christmas? I don't know off the top of my head but there's always something.
- Which looks best, themed trees or homey trees? I honestly like both types but as for our tree it's what some call the kid tree because it has all kinds of ornaments on it and I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Gingerbread or sugar cookies? I'll take any kind of sweets.
- Do you like fruit cake? Umm no it's gross and who out there really likes that anyway.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Thanks to Tracy over at Rambling Thoughts she posted this really fun Christmas meme. So for any of you who want to do this please do and let me know when you have it up so I can come over and check it out.