Thursday, August 9, 2007

Not my brightest idea



“Come on Cletus! It ain’t nuthin’ but a short walk. You might walk over, but you limpin’ back! I ain’t no easy win!”-The Nutty Professor


 First let me say I’m not sure what got into the kids yesterday; I don’t know maybe it’s because David was home for a few days.  Anyways yesterday they were in full swing of doing everything and anything to work my nerves.  Ok not ALL day but most of it.  So you can imagine by the end of it I was ready for David to come home and take over so I could a few minutes to myself.  Since I wasn’t sure what I was going to make for dinner I thought I would go ahead and give the Monkey a bath-ok actually I was hoping David would call me before he left work so he could pick up a pizza.  What can I say I had a rough day and didn’t feel like cooking.  After the bath I decided to head down to the kitchen and see what I could figure out without having to do a lot of work, so guess what I came up with….spaghetti and meatballs.  Did I mention that I just got done giving the Monkey a bath.  Seriously what was I thinking-oh yeah that’s right I wasn’t because it didn’t dawn on me until I was pretty much done the mess he would make.  And boy did he make a mess-all over the tray, his hands, and his mouth.  And of course Sweet Pea kept looking at him and laughing because of the mess he was making and how he would eat one piece at a time.  Luckily though it wasn’t in his hair so I didn’t have to give him another bath just a good sponge bath on his hands and face.  So note to self next time I decide to make spaghetti make sure Monkey has not had a bath.  Here’s hoping today is a much better day.

5 comments:

Chris said...

LMAO. That is SOO something I would do! At least a sponge bath was enough :-)

Tracy said...

I hope today was a much better day for you! My kids always do the same thing. When Daddy is home for a few days, they have to be on their best behavior so I totally get to pay for it his first couple days back at work. And the spaghetti and meatballs was hilarious! Peter likes to use the sauce as body paint. They're too funny with that kind of stuff!

Melanie said...

Glad to hear I am not the only one that makes that mistake on occasion! :) Hoping you got a much needed rest break to yourself at some point and hoping today the kids are angels! :) You can hope, right???

sudiegirl said...

Well, you could also get a tarp and cut a hole in it big enough for his head, plus two holes for his arms...then slip it on him and let him go at the spaghetti and meatballs.

How's that for an idea from a childless woman? hehehehe

Sue said...

That's my same hope everyday -- the hubby will call on his way home from work and offer to 1) cook, 2)pick up take-out or 3) physically take us out to eat....some how none of the above ever happen!