Monday, March 26, 2007

My Call

Like many I have been one of those people who have changed their major more than once.  Everytime I would choose one about a semester or year later I would realize that's not what I want to do.  Sure I prayed that God would show me the right path but my heart wasn't really in it, and I know that's why it took a long time for me to hear his answer.  I have been in and out of college since I was 20, and I have yet to graduate. 

Well my status of not knowing and wandering in the desert finally came to pass in July 2006.  The few months before July I had this desire that I've never really had to go back to school and get my degree without dropping out in the process like I've done so many times before.  And I didn't want to go to just any school I wanted to find a Christian school that I could do online so I wouldn't have to worry about childcare.  My mil went to SAGU (Southwestern Assemblies of God University) for a seminar and brought back all kinds of information about the school.  After looking at all the brochures I was excited to learn that they have a distance education program all online-yesss!  A door had just been slightly opened; I filled out all the information and soon found out that in Aug. 2006 I would be attending-Hallelujah!  Now the only thing left I had to worry about was my major; a huge battle I've been dealing with for forever.

Ok back to camp; in July I went with the youth of our church to camp and I had an absolute blast.  I was so blessed to get to know all these young people so much better, and even more blessed when one night God placed in my heart my calling.  By the end of the week I knew that I was meant to go into ministry, and not just any but youth ministry.  Looking back at all the majors I had chosen I realized they all had one thing in common-helping teens.  I was so excited about my new calling that when I came home I didn't tell anyone about it-can you believe that?!?  I was afraid that maybe I didn't hear God right and I was having doubts that I could really do what he called me to do.  Oh how Satan loves to put fear and questioning in our hearts.  Well I wasn't going to let him get the best of me so I went to prayer about it and asked God if this is your will then I will obey.  It was His will and I did obey.  I finally got the courage to tell David what I wanted to do and he just sat there with this surprised look.  But the best part was that he saw how excited I was to know my purpose (other than being a mom) in life.  He was excited for me and said he supported me in anything I felt lead to do-ahhh what a blessing.   As for the rest of my family at first they were surprised too but all have been very supportive of my decision.  However, there have been some who said that there isn't a lot of money.  Don't they realize that it's not for the money, my reward is so much better.  Not only am I doing God's will, but I'm helping in saving souls for Him.  What greater reward is there than knowing I helped God save from one from the fiery pits of hell. 

As of now I'm still in school and hope to graduate in about one year.  It's been tough taking a full time load and taking care of my two little ones.  But God has given me the strength and organizing skills to balance my life between the two.  He also given me a husband who has been supportive from day one and for that I'm truly blessed.  So for anyone out there who thinks it's to late or are not sure what to do just pray.  It's never to late to go back to school, or to follow your dream, and it's never to late to do what God has called you to do.  Sometimes we get so caught up in our lives that we forget to have our special time with Him.  So if that's the stage you are in then take the time right now to talk to God and ask Him to open your ears, eyes, and heart, so you can know what it is God wants you to do.  We all have a bigger purpose in our lives then we can even imagine, it's trusting God to make all things happen.  Good luck and let me know how everything is going.

No comments: