Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Grandma's Gift

6 Days Until Christmas! 



This year I thought I would do something really special for my grandma-I decided to make her a lap blanket.  My grandma's favorite chair has always been her recliner and in case your wondering it's not like 50 yrs old she got a new one a couple of years ago.  Anyway last month I was shopping in Michael's and saw that Vanna White has her own yarn and came out with two books.  So being that I crochet I bought one the books and some yarn.


S5030566.jpg picture by JesseStanfield  It is bigger than this but I folded it like this so you could get a better idea of how it looks.  The colors I used was dark purple, dusty purple, and dusty rose.  This blanket only took about 2 weeks considering I can't spend all my time doing it, but it was really easy and fun to make.  I can't wait to see the look on my grandma's face, I hope she really likes it.                          

4 comments:

Tracy said...

It really is a beautiful blanket! You should be proud of yourself and I'm sure that Grandma will love it! The colors are stunning. You know, I happen to have a lap and I too enjoy covering it with blankets. *hint hint*

Krista said...

That is beautiful --you did a great job.

Burg said...

That's beautiful! Good job girl!

sudiegirl said...

Grandma will love that blankie.

I know I do, and I'm not even a grandma.

You're "officially" on my regular blogroll, so I'll be attempting to visit once a week.

If this plan makes it through January, I'll be doin' great!