Monday, August 6, 2007

Growing like a weed

 "Just as he is sharing all of your adventures, others are sharing his. They were with him when he hid from the boys in the book store."

“Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward.”-X-Men 


Summer isn't even officially over and Sweet Pea has outgrown just about everything in her closet.  Near the end of May I had bought her new sandals and flip-flops, and now she has grown out of her shoes.  But that's not the only thing-her clothes as well.  All of her t-shirts from last year are to small, along with all of her dresses.  Anyways yesterday I made a list of clothes she needs and man the list is long-she basically needs a whole new wardrobe.  However, the good thing is that Aug. 17 is our tax free weekend so that's when I'm going to go shopping.  And as you can imagine I'm pretty excited about because really any type of shopping is fun for me.  Now for the not so fun part, well it could be-I need to take Sweet Pea to the store and find out exactly what her sizes are so when I do go shopping I'll know and won't have to guess.  So my plan for tomorrow is 1. taking her to the movies (it's the last one on the summer movie thing), 2. go have some lunch, and 3. Go to Target and possibly the mall to try on clothes.  We'll see how this all goes tomorrow.  Have a happy Monday!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm going through the same thing with Caroline! It's like she grew two sizes over night! I hate the idea of going and buying more summer clothes this close to the end of summer but she's going to need stuff for the first few months of school and I can't send her in shorts that have become daisy dukes and t-shirts with her belly hanging out!
I hope your shopping trip goes well! Good luck!

Melanie said...

I have the same problem with all of my kiddos! They grow like weeds all summer I swear from eating like crazy and exercising above and beyond the norm! LOL
Good Luck shopping!

Chris said...

Liberty has also outgrown everything. She is just so darn TALL!!!

Thankfully Bean isn't so much into growing. She just turned 2 last week and still wears some of her 6-9 months clothes!!!

Jesse said...

It's weird because she's gone thru growing spurts but not like this. As for the Monkey well he's just steadily growing and doesn't need a whole new wardrobe. Chris-I can't believe Bean just turned 2 and still fits in 6-9 month clothes-that's crazy.

Burg said...

I LOVE The Neverending Story...

I've been going through closets all day. It's too bad you don't live closer.. I could totally keep Sweet Pea stocked in next sizes.

Julie said...

Hope your shopping goes/went well. Emily is growing out of her clothes also but I hate to go buy more - I just end up doing more laundry more often! : )