Friday, July 27, 2007

Must Organize

For the past couple of days I've been searching the internet for ways to declutter the kids bedroom and playroom.  I'm not exactly sure what I want to do I just know that something needs to be done.  It's not like toys are scattered all of the floor that you can't see the carpet-although it feels like that.  I just want to do something so it looks decent.  With that being said I've also been wondering if I should get Sweet Pea an art desk or a table for her and the Monkey.

Here's the art desk I was thinking of getting her.    I really like it and there's space for her to put her crayons and stuff but will she outgrow it to soon.  I know Monkey could use it but I would hate to get it and then her be to big for it.  The price for this is about $69 at Wal-Mart. 

  Now this is what I found in Pottery Barn Kids and I really like it.  It's definetly more than I want to spend but I like how they can both stand or sit at this table and how you can buy two carts to go underneath it for storage.  Then this way they could both be at the table at the same time and hopefully although doubtful there will be no fighting.  This is $269.

I am open to any and all suggestions because I really want to do something to make it look a little better.  You know I don't mind using storage bins but David thinks a toy box would look better.  Ahhh who knows!

5 comments:

chris said...

I actually bought the older version of the step 2 desk at a garage sale 2 years ago.

I LOVE IT.

Alex has no problem using it at 8 yrs. old.

I like the pottery barn one but..woah..that seems like a LOT for a desk!

chris said...

Okay..so I went to check Amazon to find my exact desk 'cause it has a few more drawers and a different light system. And I found THIS desk on there which I thought was ADORABLE and definitaly will grow with them. And lots cheaper.

Only disadvantage I see is that there is not a lot of paper/book storage and I know that's always an issue at my house. Maybe a milk crate underneath for that??

Tracy said...

I love the Pottery Barn stuff but what I usually do is look through their stuff for ideas and then find similiar things online for way cheaper.
The only thing I can say it that while those things look very nice in their pictures, in my house it would stay that way. There would be markers all over the floor, lids misplaced, so they are dryed out. The papers would be scattered everywhere and the only thing they would use the desk for is to climb up on and jump off of.
I'm a bit of a neat freak and I like to know when markers are being used so that I can make sure that the only thing that's marked on is paper. So I bought some totes and drawer organizers. That way I can put them all in their closet when not in use and bring them out upon request. It's worked for me. And the totes and drawers start at $5 at Wal-Mart.

Melanie said...

I love the Pottery Barn Kids setup but its a tad on the expensive side. Would you consider making your own type of desk like that by purchasing items used, painting them, etc?? I need to do a whole lot of organizing myself in my boys rooms again - first step today with their toys! Good Luck!

Catwoman said...

I love Pottery Barn Kids stuff too, but I just can't imagine spending that amount of money, yikes! I was flipping through their catalogue last night, actually, tellling Sweetie Pie how I wish we were rich so I could order all of the cute stuff in the catalogue!