Friday, July 27, 2007

Ace of Cakes

"God couldn't be everywhere so that is why he invented mothers."
 

“I stocked your freezer. You now have enough meat to feed every guy who answers your ad.”-Must Love Dogs 


I am hooked on this show called Ace of Cakes.  I was up till 1 a.m. watching this show because the cakes they make are freakin awesome.  Last night they showed them making a gumball machine with real bubble gum, a scrabble board, and a slot machine.  If you haven't checked this show out you really should because the cakes they make are awesome.  And the funny thing is that they don't look like your regular bakers-they're edgy and cool and very talented.  I mean these people use all kinds of unconventional things like blow torches and power tools.  The owner is Duff Goldman and most of the people who work for him are his friends.  Man I wish we had a place like that here but we don't and they don't ship cakes so unless you live in Baltimore, Maryland I guess you're out of luck.  Anyway checkout there website Charm City Cakes and there are all kinds of cakes there to look at, and if you want to watch the show go to Food Network and it will the list the dates and times.

3 comments:

Catwoman said...

I'll have to check it out! Sounds like a fun show!

Tracy said...

This really is a great show. I get so amazed that these things are really cakes! I can't even spreak icing on a boxed cake mix!

Julie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. I actually called them about doing a guitar cake for my husband's 40th birthday. They quoted me $900 for it! No thank you! We found someone else who did a fabulous job for way way way less. I will post a picture of it on Tuesday.