Thursday, May 31, 2007

Time for shots.


  "It's not true.  Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends, and noodle salad.  Just no one in this car.  But a lot of people, that's their story.  Good times, noodle salad.  What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." 


“No, because if you’re not going to offer me a place in the company I don’t want to hear it. And if you are, I might not have the strength to say no, and then I would be spending my best dancing years in the back of a corps waving a rose back and forth, and I’m better than that. So thank you, Jonathan, for turning me into the best dancer I can be, I appreciate it more than I can say, really. Because the best dancer I can be is a principal in Cooper Neilson’s new company. “-Center Stage


I see that I've stumped some people on yesterday's quote, either that or none of you have ever seen it.  Either way that's ok with me, however, I think today's quote is fairly easy.


Now on to my day.  For the past few weeks I have forgotten Sweet Pea's dr. appt-now I don't mean once but twice!  I'm not sure how I forgot considering I have written in my planner but I have.  Well not today as a matter of fact I had it written in my planner, and on a post-it note on the computer.  And can you believe it, I actually made it-go me.  But before I get to excited the realization of the appt. sinks in and now I'm dreading it.  Today I have to take Sweet Pea in for her immunizations and no one else will be there with me to handle my Chunky Monkey or hold her down.  Oh and to top it off she was all in a good mood and everything for the dr. and the nurses.  Then it happened another nurse comes in with 4 SHOTS!  And I'm the lucky one nominated to hold her down.  It absolutely tore my heart out to hear her screaming and crying saying how much it hurt.  Even though you know they need them it still hurts to watch them in so much pain, but she did feel better after eating some yummy cheese pizza.  Hopefully everyone else is having a great day. :)

2 comments:

chris said...

Ya know..they had been researching a way to make vaccinations 'edible' by injecting them into a banana. I wonder what ever happened to that. It seems brilliant.

Tracy said...

It is hard to watch them get their shots. When Caroline got hers, she was being "a big girl" because she was so excited to get to go to school. She even giggled when the nurse cleaned her leg wit the alcohol pad. But as soon as that first shot went in, the scream could be heard around the world. I just kept telling myself "It's better than her getting polio!"
You made it through though and I'm proud of both of you!