Saturday, April 14, 2007

Supermodel

I don't know about any of you ladies but there are days when I just fell like blah.  Could it be because I like to spend my days in pajamas?  Umm maybe.  Well not today ladies, today I'm ditching the pajama pants and the ponytail, that's right today I'm going glam.  I've straightend my hair and I've put on a little make-up, oh and think later on today I'm going to re-paint my toenails.  Now what brought all this on, well lets just say that sometimes I get into a rut.  There are many and I mean many days when I don't do anything about my appearance, you know I get the lazies.  Now don't get me wrong when I go out I put on make-up and do my hair.  However when I'm home all day I don't normally put any effort.  Oh and the song I downloaded had a little something to do with it.  Some of you may remember this song and some of you may not have ever heard of it-either way it's a song that will get you dancing.  Here's a funny little metal picture for you; this morning as I was getting ready I was dancing to this song and I looked like Cameron Diaz in Charlie's Angels.  You know the part where she's in her room dancing in her undies and a t-shirt-yep that was me this morning.  And you know what it was fun.  





5 comments:

Emily said...

That is a funny little video! I am so the same way. Since Cora was born at least. Today I went and got some stuff at old navy though and I feel like a new woman, lol. I am finally wearing normal clothing not maternity/pj/yoga pants and old shirts.

Jesse said...

I love Old Navy, and like you I feel like a new woman too after I do a little shopping.

chris said...

I forget to put an effort into myself when I'm 'just staying home' too. I'm trying to get better so that I feel better and hopefully set a better example for my girls. Plus I know Prince Charming appreciates it when he comes home and I'm all girly instead of all mommy. LOL.

I constantly dance around here when I'm doing my housework. I have a list of 'happy songs' on my ipod and I blare it when the kids and I do our chore cards. They get a riot out of me dancing so wierd. Makes it more fun and it's a good workout too!

Jesse said...

It's nice knowing that I'm not the only one who loves to dance around while doing housework. For me it makes my day go by faster, and like you said the kids get a kick out of it.

Nikki said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I decided to come over and visit and I've enjoyed reading some of your funny stories, especially the birth story. My water broke at home on my first birth also and my hubby and I laughed and laughed because I couldn't figure out if it was broken water or if I was just peeing. He couldn't understand how you can't know! I just told him you ALWAYS feel like you have to pee when you're that pregnant - even when you just went. Anyway, I applaud you for making it naturally. I had the epidural and it still hurt! So, way to go! And as for going glam. How fun. Dancing in your underwear....and actually being brave enough to admit it.