Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Looking For A Cake

Do y'all remember about a week ago me talking about Sweet Pea wanting The Backyardigans for her party?  Ok well since that post I haven't really made that big of an effort to find the pieces for the cake or anyone to scan it for me--I know bad mom.  Well today among my errands I wrote a note to myself to find something for her cake. 

Let me just back up my story; after going to the post office I headed to Toys R Us in search of these toys.  Ok well actually I had a toy that I needed to return from Chunky Monkey's birthday which was in December.  And do you know what they said I couldn't return/exchange the toy because it had been past the 90-day period.  Are you serious?!?  I honestly forgot it was in the backseat of my car.  Anyways I went ahead and looked around to see if they had anything I could use, and of course they didn't. 

Next was good ole Wal-Mart.  After looking down every toy aisle they had I found the exact same stuff that was at Toy R Us-ahhh how aggravating.  Alright now for plan B: Have Sweet Pea pick out a whole new theme.  Ok so at first she wasn't to excited about having to choose something else but with a little help from her Mimi we finally came to a decision.  Her new party theme is Tinkerbell.  Just to let you know I feel terrible that I couldn't come up with a Backyardigan cake.  Believe me when I say that this morning I called every store I know to see if I brought a picture of them if they could scan it on the cake and every single one said no because of the copyright laws.

And since I felt bad I decided to treat us all to McDonalds-the last thing I needed today but who cares.

No comments: