Monday, April 2, 2007

Holy Week

Come Easter Sunday there will be lots of preparations from what we are going to where to putting together our children's Easter baskets.  I for one will getting ready and making sure I have everything that I need.  But while we are getting ready lets not forget to remind ourselves and our children what Easter really means.  Let's remind our children that there is so much more to Easter than hunting for eggs and eating chocolate bunnies.   

Here are some passages to look through this week while we are thinking about the sacrifice Jesus made for us on the cross.  

                                                                        Jesus

  • Luke 19:28-47-Triumphant Entry, Jesus Weeps Over Jerusalem, and Jesus Goes to the Temple

  • Luke 22-The Plot Against Jesus through Jesus Before Pilate and Herod

  • Luke 23:26-55-The Crucifixion, Death, and Burial

  • Luke 24-The Resurrection


Dear Heavenly Father I humbly come to you in thanks for sending your son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins.  You gave your life up so that our sins could be forgiven; words cannot express what it means to me to have you as my Lord and Savior.

1 comment:

Krista Ratley said...

Thanks for the reminder. I have decided to make resurrection cookies on Saturday to teach my four year old the story! I am so excited to watch her learn about Jesus! Have a Great Day!