Thursday, March 22, 2007

How Hard Can it Be?

I remember after our daughter was born it took me a while to get adjusted to her routine-especially as a newborn and me a new mom.  Well after a couple of weeks I finally started to get the hang of motherhood but not so much with all the household duties.  Trying to juggle a newborn and household duties was a lot harder than I could have ever imagined.  And what can I say I wanted to spend all of my time with her and when she was napping you better believe I was too.  Ok well my hubby finally asked me what it is I do all day-ummm let me think...take care of our daughter.  Well needless to say he didn't buy the whole bit about it being that much of a full-time job-ah men.  So after about three months I grudgingly went back to work, and DD1 stayed with Nana-thank goodness for her.  By the time she was 8 months I received a promotion and was now a manager at Red Lobster.  So now with the long and crazy hours I was working it was hard for Nana to always watch her, and my hubby had to quit since he couldn't continue working their with me as a manager.  Well after talking it over on what we would do he decided to stay home and take care of her for a little while-WHAT!  I'm sure you can imagine how surprise I was, but at the same time I was glad because now he could see what it's like to be a sahd.

Ok so how long do you think he stayed home...anyone...6 months; yep that's right a whole 6 months.  By the end he was tired of playing mom, dad, and housekeeper, and really I didn't blame him.  This may not be politically correct but I honestly don't think men were made to stay home and take care of children.  God made men to be the providers, while he made us women nurtures.  *Side-note-I applauded him and any man who has ever been brave enough to be a sahd.*  With that being said I was desperately missing being home and wanted to quit my job badly, but I stayed on for about 1 year.  After that I told my hubby I just couldn't do it anymore and plus I wanted another baby.

I quit my job in Feb. 2005 and found out that I was pregnant a couple of months later; actually a couple of days after our daughters birthday.  It's funny how things work out, isn't it?  Ever since I've been a sahm and I wouldn't change it for the world.  Sure there was slight rough patch where I had to get used to a newborn and a toddler but thankfully the second time around my hubby was very understanding and helped me out immensly.  After about a week I was ready to go solo, sure there are rough days but not rough enough for me to want to go back to work.  I mean they are just too cute for me not to stay home with them.

No comments: