Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Just Me and My Monkey

Now that Sweet Pea is away at school it's just me and my little Monkey.  I have to say that it's been really nice to have some one-on-one time with him and getting, to see another side of him.  Of course the first week she was at school it was pretty hard on him because he kept asking me where she was and a few mornings he cried when she got out of the car.  However, overall he's adjusting really well and I think he's enjoying just the two of us, plus there's no fighting over books, toys, and t.v.  But the crazy thing is when she does come home those two make up for the whole day they lost and they drive me bonkers.  It's like sorry mom we haven't seen each ALL DAY and we just have to scream and shout and not get on each others nerves but yours as well.  And with that being said I enjoy watching the two of them play and I love hearing about her day.  Now back to me and Monkey--we've gone shopping together and he's been getting better and rarely shouts out "Mommy help me!"  He loves to help me with me lunch and whatever else I'm doing.  You know I've even caught him putting his plates in the dishwasher instead of the sink, oh and he also knows where his dirty clothes go.  Did I mention that one day he is going to make some girl very happy and she will have me to thank.  But the best part of our day is nap time (and not because he's asleep) I love our snuggle time.  He lay as close to me as he can and just fall asleep in my arms looking like an angel.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi!

What a fun blog you have! I've enjoyed nosing around!

I'm with ThumbPeople. We're about using positive words to help kids and their parents see themselves as the unique miracles God created them to be!

Wanna be an affilate for us? By just putting a cute ThumbPeople graphic link on your blog site, you'd earn 35% of all sales.

Take a look at us at: www.ThumbPeople.com and email me with any ?'s.

We have a simple goal - we want to bless families and those that partner with us!

I'd love to hear from you!

Be blessed!

Cathy
cathy@thumbpeople.com