Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Everything is fine

I'm sorry for not telling y'all that I was taking a break.  Ok well I wasn't planning on it, it just kind of happened.  I finished my spring semester with 3 A's and 2 B's--go me.  Now I'm taking a summer school class and it's been going pretty well at least I think it is but I won't know until I get my grade back for my first test.  This means come fall I'm only taking 12 hrs instead of 15 and by the end of November I will officially be done and graduating.  AND YES I'M UBER EXCITED ABOUT IT!  However, in January I'll be back in school working on my post-bacc for early education, but hey I don't care I'll have a bachelor's degree which has taken me some time. 

The kids are great--Sweet Pea starts kindergarten in Aug and I can't believe it; Monkey is still his usual exploring self getting into everything and anything he can.  I did try to potty train but no luck; I plan on trying again in about a month.  Oh and we finally broke the habit of him sticking his hands down his diaper so that right there is a HUGE PLUS.

I do have some new news that you may be surprised about....  I have a new passion and it's quilting; that's another reason why I haven't been blogging.  This is something I wanted to do last summer but never got around to it and so this summer I decided that nothing was going to stop me.  I bought a new sewing machine and couldn't believe how expensive they can be.

This is my machine a Janome Hearth Truth, I'm not sure how to do a whole lot but I'm having fun trying.  A couple of weeks ago I took a wreath of hearts quilt class and I'm almost done with it; all I have left is the border, backing, and binding, oh and of course the actual quilting.  It sounds like a lot but I think the most time consuming will be the machine quilting part.  And as of now I'm taking a beginning piecing class that is teaching me how to make some basic blocks.  When I'm done with my projects I will be sure to post them on here.

I'm sorry I didn't let y'all know that everything was fine-thanks Tracy for asking!  I've missed blogging and getting to read what's going on with everyone else.  I'm going to try and make my rounds some time this week.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey! glad to have you back!

I've always wanted to learn how to quilt but never have. Is it really hard? That's one of those things that I wish I had learned from my grandmother. She used to quilt all the time.

You certainly sound busy with school and quilting classes!

Like you, I gave up on Potty training for a month or so. He just completely lost interest all of a sudden so I figured I would just roll with it.

sudiegirl said...

Wow...that's quite the toy you've got. ;-)

You'll have to take a picture of this project when you're done and post it on here. I'd love to see it!